LJR says -
I absolutely love Jane Austen's books and movies!! This weekend I watched the 6 hour version of Pride and Prejudice with my two older sisters!! I love that show! One of my sisters made cinnimon rolls for us to have for dessert. (They were so good!) My bro-in-law was in the kitchen getting his cinnimon rolls while the rest of us were watching the movie. This is the funny conversation they had.
I absolutely love Jane Austen's books and movies!! This weekend I watched the 6 hour version of Pride and Prejudice with my two older sisters!! I love that show! One of my sisters made cinnimon rolls for us to have for dessert. (They were so good!) My bro-in-law was in the kitchen getting his cinnimon rolls while the rest of us were watching the movie. This is the funny conversation they had.
H=sister L=bro-in-law
H: There is frosting in the yellow container, in the fridge, to put on them.
L: Isn't it in the orange container? That is what I used.
H: No the orange container has mashed potatoes!
L: Isn't it in the orange container? That is what I used.
H: No the orange container has mashed potatoes!
L: WHAT!?!?!
LOL!!!Yea, he had to get new cinnimon rolls after that!!
We all couldn't stop laughing for like ten minutes!!! (We still laugh every time we think of it!!) I almost wish she hadn't told him it was potatoes he had used! I would have loved to see and hear him when he ate cinnimon rolls with mashed potatoes!! wow! yummy! That is a good idea for April Fools Day... Anyone else got funny kitchen or food experiences!!

7 comments:
that is hilarity!!!! OMG! i can think of a funny food experience LJR! it involves milk, brownies and a very imaginative Spanish map...for all those who have no clue...well, you had to be there! me and LJR were very loopy (which is probably why it was so funny!)
Have you read Austenland by Shannon Hale? It's about a woman who's obessed with the movie version of P &P. Not a bad book.
And have you actually read P &P? If not, you ought to, although my favorite Austen book is Northanger Abbey. Do NOT read Mansfield Park unless you want to spend your time wanting to smack the main character upside the head and yell at her to stop being such a wimp and to get a life.
LJR says -
I haven't read Austenland or P &P but I really want to. I am reading Goose Girl right now. Have you read that? Is it any good? It isn't really catching my attention yet.
Is the main character from Mansfield Park worse than Bella from Twilight?
Goose Girl's not my favorite, but I never liked the fairy tale to begin with, so we really can't blame Hale for that. Enna Burning is my favorite of the series, but even there, all the girls end up wanting to get married and have babies. Just once I'd like to see a female in a Hale book want something different -- even if it's just for a while. I don't like the fact that she encourages young readers to think it's romantic to marry and have kids by age 20.
Fanny Price vs. Bella What'sHerBucket. Hmmmm... now that's an interesting comparison. They are both equally wimpy, but Fanny at least has the excuse of living in the 19th Century where women were expected to be wimpy. However, Bella has much more interesting boyfriends than Fanny does. And Bella doesn't frickin' want to marry her cousin, at least!
I don't know; they're both pretty lame heroines.
LJR says -
I gave up on Goose Girl for now. (maybe I'll try again later.) I'm reading Austenland instead even though I should probably start on the next reading list… ;]
LJR says -
I finished Austenland!! I really liked it! :) I love Shannon Hale's writing but sometimes she really surprises me for an LDS author.
that was the best les! we really couldn't stop laughing!
Post a Comment