Saturday, September 20, 2008

St. George

LJR says -
Sorry I am so slow at posting! So I went to St. George with my parents and bro a few weekends ago. We went because my cousin, Rachel, was speaking in Sacrament meeting before she left on her mission to Riverside, California! (Rachel actually left this Wednesday to the MTC!! Good luck Rachel!) We decided to make a little vacation out of the trip. We drove down on Friday and didn't get there till around 11:00 p.m. - ish so we just went to the hotel. On Saturday we went to Zions National Park! It was so pretty! We took the shuttle up to the top and went on a beautiful hike up there. The trail eventually is just a small river that you can keep hiking up if you want. The only choice to continue up was to get wet, there was no dry ground between the mountains and the river, and we didn't have much time so we decided to just hike back down. On the way back down we ran into some of our other cousins that just happened to be taking the same trail and the same time, so that was pretty cool. After Zions we barely had enough time to get to my Aunt and Uncle's house for dinner and then we had to get ready to go to Tuachan Amphitheatre!!!! We went and saw Les Miserables!!!! Oh my goodness it was AMAZING!!!!! I have never seen a better musical in my life! The actors had such beautiful voices and even when one of the girls mics went off in the middle of her solo we could still hear almost every word she sang! It was definitely worth every penny and I would definitely go see it again or any other musical or play down there! My aunt that had seen it before us said that she has seen that play in New York, London, and Paris, and that this performance beat them all!! One of my favorite songs had to be when Little Cossette sang Castle on A Cloud! I love that song! We didn't get back to the hotel until around midnight. On Sunday we went to hear Rachel's talk! She did wonderful! The whole meeting was really nice! (A girl and her mom that were staying at our hotel actually followed us to the church because they were just looking for any ward that started at 1:00!) We had dinner at my aunt and uncles house and spent the rest of Sunday there with them and all our extended family, that came for the talk. On Monday we went to a park and played Ultimate Frisbee with some of the bro-in-law's family and friends. Ok, so my dad and bro played, my mom and I watched my niece! :) When we got back to the hotel we went for a swim and into the hot tub before we had to check out and noon. We decided that while we were still down there we would go to The Narrows. The Narrows are pretty self-explanatory. It is a huge rock that has split in to two pieces that have a really narrow gap between them! So we climbed through it! I think the tightest part we had to squeeze through was probably around ten inches wide. Obviously you have to go through sideways but it is really cool! Last time that I had been there I was only 8 or 9 so I was able to walk straight through it most of the way!
Yeah, so this was my little adventure! It was way fun! I will try to post some pics later!

4 comments:

a nerd said...

That musical sounds good.

*Fish in the Sea* said...

The musical we are doing is fiddler on the roof!

Heidi said...

Les Miserables was AMAZING! I was glad to go with you guys. You forgot about the suprise wedding on Sunday... :)

a nerd said...

talking about a new post? (hint, hint)