Thursday, September 18, 2008

Drivers Ed!!!

LJR says -

I finally got my learners permit last Wednesday! whoo hoo!! I had to drive with a teacher at school before I even got to practice with one of my parents! My parents had left for the weekend on a trip to Colorado! So at school we have to give our teacher our permit number so that he knows we have it and so we can do our drives, so I gave it to him on Friday, and he made me driving that day! I even asked if I could wait so that I could go with a parent first since I had never been driving, but he just said, you'll be with a professional so you will be fine!!! AAAHHH!!! It was scary at first but I acctually did pretty good! I was the 2nd driver in my group. On my turn, since I was a 1st time driver, we went down to the range and he had me practice turning and aiming at certain targets. Then, all the roads we went on were very skinny and had cars parked on both sides so that was kinda hard. Over all, it was pretty fun and between us three drivers we only came close to hitting another car twice!! :)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Yikes! Are you sure you are old enough?! j/k. That is super exciting!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! LJR!!! SO EXCITING!!!! just wait til I get in that car! it'll be totaled in record time! ;)

a nerd said...

That sounds like fun. My dad actually let me park the car because it was running out of gas and there was a lot of people behind us so I parked and I took about three parking stalls so I have a strange feeling my dad's not gonna let me drive the car once I take driver's ed.