Tuesday, May 27, 2008

American Idol live in SLC, Utah!!!





KAJ says -
Usually for American Idol I watch a few of the very first shows to see all the funny auditions and what not, and then I tune in for like the last couple weeks of the show where the tension is high between the remaining contestants. I like to decide who is good and who isn't and I join in all the fun of yelling who's gonna win and who isn't with all my family. That's what I usually do.
This year I just watched the first few shows to laugh at all those silly people like I normally do. Then I didn't watch all the middle episodes like normal also, thinking it was just gonna be another normal boring year. And that is where I was wrong.
I soon heard from friends and just rumors that there were two people on this year that were LDS and one was even from Murray, Utah. I was genuinely surprised because it seems like Utah hardly gets any of the glory from reality shows and such, let alone that they were even LDS. By the time I had confirmed these rumors, the show was down to the last 11 or 12 contestants. I started watching it, trying to remember whose names I had heard were on it. I finally found out it was Brooke White and David Archuleta. And this is where I got hooked.
I fell in love with David, thus making me having to watch it every week on Tuesday and Wednesday. Since I had mutual the same time as it on Wednesday, I would record it so I wouldn't miss it. (Of course Tuesday nights performance was also recorded just in case I happened to miss it.) Every week when I could I was there sitting on the couch with my mom, cheering on David.
And then I got some very good connections. I found out that my seminary teacher taught him for just a little while in Murray, so this was pretty cool. And then my even better connection is even better!!! My uncle and aunt live in Murray with their kids, and it was my little cousins b-day. So my two youngest siblings went to her party where David Archuleta's little sister was! Apparently they are friends, so my sisters got to meet his little sister. So as you can see, I have some pretty cool connections to David. ;]
Anyways, it was finally the very last week and it was down to David Archuleta and David Cook. My mom and I desperately wanted our David to win, and we were positive he would. We even went so far as to vote as many times as we could for him because we wanted him to win, and to let him know that he had our support all the way even though he probably doesn't even know we exist :] But, it was not to be and the other David won by 12 million votes, despite the 70 votes I had done and the many that my mom had cast. She lost count of her votes around 20 but we were sure we had averaged around 150 or so.
So we were just devastated. But not all hope was lost!!! My mom got a chance on the radio to win tickets to the tour they were gonna do here in Utah. But she got tickets to go see some other band concert and we were let down again. But this time fate was kind to us.
There was so much demand for tickets on the tour, that they decided to do a second concert here in Utah!!! So my kind mother got on the internet and speedily got us two tickets for the concert on July 15! WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I am very excited and CAN'T wait! My little sister says that I may have tickets to the concert, but that doesn't mean I will meet David. But I told her she didn't know that, so we will see come July :]

3 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

" I was genuinely surprised because it seems like Utah hardly gets any of the glory from reality shows and such, let alone that they were even LDS."

Uh, okay, I haven't watched TV (except for Ch. 1) since 1982, and even I know you're off on this one. Two words: Marie Osmond.
Tons of people watch Dancing With TheStars, too, y'know. And let's face it: the Osmonds are well-known.
However, back to your connections to Archuleta: it may amuse you to know that I have "connections" to him, too. His vocal coach, Dean Kaelin, was my seminary teacher waaaaaay on back in the school year of 1982-1983. Kaelin was also the vocal coach for one of my former GT students when she double majored in music and philosophy at Westminster College a few years back. When I went to her graduation recital, he knew exactly who I was, even though it'd been years since I'd seen him.
It used to be that everyone played that game about being only 6 steps away from Kevin Bacon. But it seems that now we're doing 6 steps away from Arhculeta. And I'm only 2 steps away. (oooh. neat.)
Anyway, I hope you enjoy your concert.

a nerd said...

now that's a lot of typing KAJ. You could have just gaven me a few lists not all of them or you could let me borrow them.

9GT Geniusettes said...

APB, ok i guess the Osmonds do bring glory to us here in Utah, but you have to admit that there still is more glory coming from California and NYC. And that is way awesome that he was your seminary teacher. It is a very small world here :]

lol sorry A Nerd... maybe if the vocab lists had anything to do with David or any cute guy, then maybe i would have been more willing to type them up for you... ;]

-KAJ