Today my family and I were able to serve as hosts at the Temple Dedication. We were at the temple from 7 am to 6 pm! We also had tickets to go to the 9 o'clock temple dedication! It was amazing! As hosts we had booty duty! ;) We stood outside one of the doors before each session and helped people put on white booties over their shoes before they went into the temple to be seated, and when the session was over we just helped them get them off if they needed it. We had the slowest of the three doors, but we had the door that all the General Authorities use!!!! I saw Elder Bednar, Elder Ballard, Pres. Uchtdorf, Pres. Eyring, Pres. Monson, and lots of members of the Seventy but I couldn't put names with all the faces.
As President Uchtdorf was going into the temple for the first session, he shook my hand! He was there with his wife, their daughter, and grandson! I gave booties to Pres. Uchtdorf''s grandson! haha :)
I LOVE how this picture turned out with the sun behind the temple!
The Cornerstone
As President Uchtdorf was going into the temple for the first session, he shook my hand! He was there with his wife, their daughter, and grandson! I gave booties to Pres. Uchtdorf''s grandson! haha :)
I LOVE how this picture turned out with the sun behind the temple!

The Cornerstone

As President Monson and President Eyring were leaving the temple after the final dedication, they both shook my hand!
President Monson!
President Eyring!


4 comments:
That sounds like a very exciting day! I also love that first temple photo.
that is so cool! what an awesome experience! i hope you are writing this down in your journal! it's not everyday that you get to shake hands with the Prophet and others :) i really love that first picture too!
I am so jealous!! That is a great experience.
Well, that's quite the celebrity list for the day. And booty duty was probably more entertaining than the dedication. (I didn't go this time, but I've been to several in the past and the only exciting parts were the hosanna shouts.)
Post a Comment