Sunday, February 17, 2008

Chile!!!!!

KAJ says -
In October last year my family and I took a trip to Chile. That's where my dad comes from and it was our first time meeting his side of the family. It was an awesome experience filled with loving family members, lots of eating, beautiful ocean spots, and a lot of culture shock. Here are a few pics from our trip. :]


This was a statue of the Virgin Mary on top of a hill called San Cristobal


The market


Market

Market

A very classy hotel we stayed in. They even parked our car, and carried our luggage up and down from our rooms. These are the elevators and they are soo cool!!!

This is inside the elevators. That's the handle that the elevator operator had to turn to make the elevator go up and down. I wanted to try it, but I don't think they would have let me...

My uncle Nestors backyard

My uncle Nestors phone!!!! These are soo cool!!! My grandpa has one too! :)

This is La Moneda. It is like Chile's White House. There are a lot of guards and policemen that surround it all day.

These are the typical policemen in Chile. These are some of the ones that were guarding La Moneda.

This is a part of a park that was on a hill called Santa Lucia in downtown Santiago.


Santa Lucia


How cool is this garbage can!!! It was on Santa Lucia!

A view from the top of Santa Lucia

This was a park called Sausalito


This is what most houses pretty much look like. All of them had these tall gate things in front of them for privacy.
This is my grandpa's back yard and that is the swimming pool he built that we are sitting on.


My grandpa's kitchen

4 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

I don't think I've ever seen that many artichokes in one pile in my life. They look like green pinecones. Hmmm.... maybe they ARE green pine cones.
thanks for the tour. I've never been south of the equator.

A Paperback Writer said...

I thought I left a comment here earlier. Are you ever gonna post it, or did you censor it?

9GT Geniusettes said...

KAJ says -
oops! sorry! I didn't post it cuz it was missionary week this past week so we couldn't go on the computer or anything. sorry :] but yeah i've never seen so many either and they do look kinda like pinecones! lol :]

a nerd said...

wow! nice pictures that you took but why didn't you take a picture (if you even did it) of playing a prank on oscar that would have been funny.