Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Paperback Writer, one of my former teachers, made up this recipe for Granola Balls, and it sounded yummy, so Aub and I tried it this week. They turned out really good!


2 cups quick oats, 1 cup grape nuts, 1/2 cup powered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
We didn't have grape nuts, but they were fine without them, and I suggest less (or no) cinnamon, unless you really like it, it left a strong after taste in our granola bars.


Heat opened 16 ounces of peanut butter (we used chunky!) in microwave, takes about a minute.

pour over cereal/sugar mix.

Add goodies, about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, whatever you like :)
(That's what I call a bag of chocolate chips!)


Roll into balls (or bars or whatever) and cool :)

enjoy :)

Thanks for the recipe Paperback Writer!

1 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

I am so honored that you even put in photos!
I've made these a couple of times since; I've gotten to like them better than regular granola bars, which is a good thing because they don't have high fructose corn syrup in them.