Friday, March 12, 2010

Can't judge a book by it's cover

I love love love love love murder mysteries!

My friend lent me a book a while ago (in January I think) called Hearts in Hiding by Betsy Brannon Green. (Green is an LDS author who writes murder/suspense novels.) I didn't really want to read it at first because the title just sounded so cheesy to me, but I finally decided to read it because I had no other books to read. Can I just say wow! I absolutely loved it!!! Here's what Green's website says about the book:

Hearts in Hiding (May 2001) Pregnant, widowed and working at a job she hates, Kate Singleton doesn't think things can get worse. Then she finds out that the people who killed her husband are now trying to kill her. She is put in the FBI's witness protection program and Mark Iverson, an FBI agent, is assigned to protect her. They are married in name only and move to the small Georgia town of Haggerty where they are nearly smothered with Southern hospitality.

I really loved this book, the characters are (for the most part) very believable. They seem very real, and Green makes it so I want to know more about them! Many times I've wanted to help them I've cried with them,
worried with them and laughed with them. I love that Green is LDS, so I can read a great book, and not have to worry about all the crap that some other authors put into their writing.

After I read Hearts in Hiding, my mom said she had others of Green's books, so since January I have read 6 of her books: Hearts in Hiding, Don't Close Your Eyes, Until Proven Guilty, Silenced, Copycat,
Christmas in Haggerty, and I am currently in the middle of another: Double Cross. :)

I would definitely recommend these books, I know their not for everybody, but I LOVE them. :)


2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Oh good for you! Book reviews! good stuff.
(and hi, by the way. I haven't been over here in a while).

Leslie said...

good to see you Paperback Writer! :)