LJR says -
Here it is! We finally got it up! :) This is our tree in our backyard! It is on my dad's 70 foot tall ham radio tower!! Sorry the pics are not that great. The flash washed out the lights but with out it, they turned out blurry because I didn't have a tripod with me. If you click on the pics they should come up bigger, and you can see them much better. :]

You can see the light better in this one except it's blurry.

You can see how tall it is compared to my house. (in the bottom left hand corner)

I just thought this one looked cool with the trees in front of it. :)

Here is our real tree... My sister got it for us from Vernal so it was freshly chopped down! It still needs to cut shorter before it goes inside, because there is no way it would fit in our house as tall as it is! Hopefully we'll get it up soon... :)
8 comments:
hey that's a good-lookin' freshly chopped tree!!! hiked all over the mountain to find that one! :) I like your pics of our outdoor tree as well :)
Yay for Christmas Trees!
hey ljr! this is rlw! I absolutely love the big light tree! I am looking at it right now out of my office window it is so big and colorful!
HOW did you get the lights up a 70 ft. pole?!!! Ropes? A really tall ladder? Alien spacecraft? The Force?
Word verification: undophoi
sounds like a weird chemical or something
LJR says -
Thanks for the tree Aub!
Hahaha! Well you see, Paperback Writer, it was definitely the Aliens using the Force... ;) No, actually it cranks down to 30 ft, and it is next to my dad's shop, so we really only use a short ladder. My dad gets on the shop roof, so that he only has to climb about 6 more feet to get to the top of the tower. He hooks on the strands of lights and the star, and we all guide a strand as someone cranks the tower up, just to keep them from getting stuck in the trees. :)
Totally festive LJR! i saw the pics and i was like "oooooh! pretty lights!" seriously awesomtastical!
so yeah Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad and all those other tidings of great joy! see ya after the break :D
btw: I <3 my present!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! (i'm gonna thank you in person too just so ya know ;) )
Okay, so it's finally Christmas Eve, and for some strange reason I haven't felt like going to bed all night. I just finished reading Midnight Sun (partial draft) by Stephanie Meyer, so I thought I'd check your blog. ANYWAY, it's 4:33 AM and I haven't slept a wink tonight, so I think I'm crazy. Btw, I like what you've done with the blog! Keep up the good work!
so that's your tree I thought it was someone elses. btw I got a camera for christmas and now I can take pics of stuff too.
dedilser.
Post a Comment