KAJ says - Okay so on Christmas Eve my mom's parents and sister came over to have dinner with us and open presents. My dad's mom and brother were supposed to come too, but the weather was really bad and they didn't feel like driving out in it, and my grandma wasn't feeling well. So yesterday we went out to her place to give her present to her, and to drop off the present for my dad's brother. She gave us our presents and the ones from my dad's brother. I got a book of Christmas stories with The Christmas Carol in it from my grandma, and from my dad's brother I got something that made me laugh. Socks. What kid doesn't dread getting socks or under wear for Christmas?
I haven't received something like that in quite a while. I was very amused since he also gave socks to my brother and dad, while my two little sisters got toys from him. It was pretty unusual to receive that from him because every year he would surprise us with the coolest things, and this year he resorted to giving the older ones socks.
Man, it's great growing up.
Time
15 years ago
6 comments:
What's really sad is that the spiffy socks I got from my parents this year are among the gifts I liked the most (besides the gnomes, of course). I must really be old.
KAJ says - wow. that is pretty sad. well atleast your feet won't be cold. lol Yeah, those gnomes were pretty cool.
yes underwear just what I wished for? sarcastically laughing at the comprehension between the connundrum of the question.
As a parent of six kids, you always dread Christmas. My oldest is 14 and the youngest is 2. The younger kids are easier to buy for (you just get them a toy of some sort), but the older ones are more difficult. We cut back on our Christmas spending this year. Perhaps your Dad's brother did the same. Hence the socks. I agree with you... Clothes for Christmas are lame. But then again, I'm just a big kid when it comes to Christmas.
KAJ says - yeah, my parents cut back this year too I think. I got the least presents, but mine cost the most.
And yeah I guess you're right about him buying the socks. But I have to admit that he did better on them than my parents ever had. They are my favorite type of socks, which my parents rarely get. :)
lol KAJ!! that's hilarious! i got socks 2! a pair of cute santa ones and froggies! it was just to cute! NEway, it was the same for me this year too, my presents cost so much that i get fewer than my bros! btw:one of my bros highlighted (looks like he dyed it if you ask me) his hair! let's see if you can guess which one! (wink, wink)
Post a Comment