Saturday, June 05, 2010

Jordan River Temple

A group of my friends invited me to go do baptisms for the dead @ the Jordan River Temple today :) It was very nice. I have only gone to the SL Temple before, so it was fun to go to a different temple :)
Beautiful!

I like how the flag is peaking out of the tops of the trees :)


Such a pretty view from the front of the temple.


This picture is driving my little bit of OCD crazy since it is crooked, but oh well. Still looks neat (:


My friends want to try and get a group of us to go do baptisms every weekend this summer, and they want to go to different temples :) I think it will be fun, and I figure we should take advantage of it since we have 8 temples within an hours drive! So blessed!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

That is awesome! I would love to do that too!

A Paperback Writer said...

I was about 15 when the Jordan River Temple was built and we got to go through the tour before dedication. I remember our seminary principal telling us very seriously, "This is a once in a lifetime chance, so you'd better take it. A new temple in Utah just isn't going to happen again very soon." Obviously, that wasn't his most inspired comment ever. Putting it in perspective for you: when I was born, there were only 4 temples in Utah; now there are 15.

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

that's so cool...keep us updated