ok so neither of us have posted for soo long! :(
Here's a little about what's been going on in school...
Busy busy busy
I start out A Day's with math 1010, I absolutely HATE math, but my teacher is pretty cool... ok she is awesome! I'll admit I practically hated her 1st term, but I didn't understand the math we were doing & I didn't know her well so I didn't feel like I could go ask for help, so I'd go to my math teacher from last year for help ;), and it felt like she was treating us like little kids (I despise it when people do that!) But on a happier note, I like her a lot now!! Now that I'm understanding better, and I get her way of teaching :)
I have English 11 Honors... ya... I'm not really sure what happened to the honors part... Paperback Writer, I soooooo wish I was still in your class! I would learn sooo much more repeating your class than I am in this "honors" class!!! :( We read Huckleberry Finn, and now we are reading The Scarlet Letter, both of which I read in your class.
I am taking Ballroom Dance again. We have a different teacher this year, and I like her teaching style more than our last dance teacher. We've done Fox Trot, East Coast Swing, Thriller, and Cha-Cha! And now we are going to do 2 days of hip hop! It's quite entertaining... ;)
I decided to take ASL this year, and I absolutely LOVE it!! My teacher is a nut, and she always makes class so fun! I also joined the ASL Club at school, we've only done a few things so far. We decorated the math hall for Homecoming, we signed The Pledge of Allegiance in the Homecoming Parade, and we've had a few little activities just playing games and such.
For B-day's I start out with Honors Chem. Ew. Stupid teacher, stupid class. Nothing more to say.
Choir! Yay! It helps make up for a lousy start to the day. :) Our teacher is pretty much amazing!
He has been battling cancer for years, and is often in pain during class, but you would never know! He is so devoted to his students and teaching! -We performed at the annual Veterans Day Concert at the U of U, that was spectacular! The combined choir was from 8 High Schools in our district, so there were about 800 of us! Sad thing is, it wasn't broadcast this year! :( They lost the funding for it last minute, but it was still awesome to be in!- We have been singing Christmas songs since august, and it finally feels ok to sing them :) I can't wait till we get to perform at Temple Square!!! It's going to be amazing! :)
Okay, so I made it into AP History this year! Oh wow! It is my favorite class, but it keeps me crazy busy. We get loads of homework, and we take notes all period, but our teacher is fantastic and she makes class great! I have never learned this much before in a history class, and it's so nice being in AP because it's all kids that actually care about the class, and are willing to try, so we don't have any ding bats in there! :) That makes the class much better for everyone! :) ( I am also in NHS which she is in charge of.)
I end the day with seminary. I have a good teacher this year, which is very much appreciated, but I don't really have any close friends in class, so it can get kinda boring sometimes. :(
Over Thanksgiving break, my teacher always plays in a Turkey Bowl, but this year he managed to tackle a guy who had the football and successfully ran his eye right into the guys elbow! It was all swollen, and red, and it looked realllllly gross! The doctor told him surgery was optional, but if he didn't get surgery, there was a chance that his eye would sink in even more! He opted for surgery. So next week he goes in for surgery, they have to put a titanium plate in his eye socket to support his eye and keep it from sinking in! eeewwww! :P
So that's what's going on, yes we are still alive! haha I'll try to post again soon :)
Time
15 years ago
3 comments:
Wow! You are seriously busy, all AP and Honor classes!! David's, my husband, Minor was Chemistry so if you ever need or want help, he would be more than willing to help you!!! Thanks for the update.
Thanks for the compliment, but you'll get tons more out of reading Scarlet Letter and Huck Finn in context for American Lit.
And don't worry: your senior teacher for AP will be very challenging.
You can always come back and do some essays with me again..... (insert maniacal laughter here).
J/K
Paperback Writer, I wish that were true, I had more information, on both books, in the notes I kept from your class than what my teacher covered in class. :/
After being in 9GT, so far, none of my English teachers have met any sort of expectations I may have had. :(
But on a better note, like you said, the senior AP teacher will be challenging. :)
Post a Comment